- Most meaningful experience: Spending dinner with Henry's family and grieving the loss of Tim's son.
- Biggest surprise: How quickly and dramatically folks at White Clay opened up about suffering. Also the scale of the Tuesday night event at Lakota Hope.
- One thing I learned about Lakota culture: Much more comfort with discussing death & suffering than modern American culture. Also more comfort discussing spiritual topics.
- Key takeaway for my own faith: A confirming sense that God is leading me to be with the Lakota people long term.
- Most meaningful experience: Bringing the Lord into simple conversations in White Clay through prayer, truth, care, and love.
- Biggest surprise: How welcoming the Lakota were when we conversed with them spiritual, and how easily they opened up to us and accepted our comfort.
- One thing I learned about Lakota culture: How adaptable they are towards our perspectives. And how they don't need anything physically like everyone tries to bestow on them.
- Key takeaway for my own faith: I have had the Lord more prevalent in my thoughts and actions in everything I do. I have also felt the beginning of becoming mature in my faith which bleeds through in every aspect of my life.
- Most meaningful experience: Talking to Thomas at White Clay
- Biggest surprise: The conditions of the rez
- One thing I learned about Lakota culture: How important the music is in their culture
- Key takeaway for my own faith: To be content in whatever circumstances God puts you in.
- Most meaningful experience: level of connections with Henry and his family
- Biggest surprise: the depth of work by Curtis and Bruce with their ministries
- One thing I learned about Lakota culture: Matriarch's chose the chiefs
- Key takeaway for my own faith: the condition of my own heart is key to giving myself to others
- Grateful for: being able to share the week with our young folks and others from BG
- Encouragement: the number of parallels with bible stories that can provide openings to the gospel
- Most meaningful experience: my most meaningful experience, (out of many) would have to be when I was able to connect and share verses with the Lakota and serve them in that way.
- Biggest surprise: I was surprised on how hopeless all of the people were there. I knew they felt no purpose in life, but not to the extreme of homelessness and depression.
- One thing I learned about Lakota culture: I learned a lot about the Sun dance (worshiping evil) from a lady sharing her heart. I also learned a lot about how Indians make jewelry.
- Grateful for: I am grateful that I was able to connect with people who barely understood me and I loved growing relationships within our group.
- Encouragement: I was encouraged that most of the people there were open to me about religion, so that I was able to connect them to the Bible and God
- Most meaningful experience: Talking with the people in White Clay, specifically Rattlesnake, and hearing their stories. It gave me a new perspective of not only my life but others around me.